Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pondering the Possibilities......What's Next?


I finished putting the last sashing and borders on my client's antique quilt top yesterday, and sent it downstairs to let Guy put some quilting in the sashing before I tie the blocks and bind it.

I was glad to get that out of my sewing room; it's been nagging at me and I knew I just needed to sit down and finish it up.  So, I had a "free" day to start a new project.  What is it about having a blank slate?  I had a terrible time deciding what to start on....do you have that problem?

Here were some of my possibilities:

My scrap basket has now become my "scrap baskets" again....these all need to be sorted, sliced, stripped, squared....how did that happen?  That seems like such a mess, and I just finished cleaning up a bunch of messes.



I now have TWO possible designs for my "Summerbreeze" fabrics; I went back to EQ yesterday morning and started playing with other lay outs....but I can't decide which one I like, so that project is going to sit a while longer.




I designed this Sudoku quilt for Guy while I was on vacation (can you believe I have never made him a quilt?)  He's the "Sudoku Guru" around here.  I think I want to use my Cherrywood scraps, but I was too lazy to open the drawer and start sorting........


I found this gorgeous button when I was shopping at JoAnn's a few weeks ago; the button led me to the blacks and whites; the blacks and whites led me to the red....this will be a purse for Tracey when I get my act together...but I have to find the Pellon and where did I put that?...........and where's the pattern?


VCQ Celebration starts exactly ONE WEEK from tomorrow.....and I still haven't put my class kits together.  I need to print out some landscape photos, I have to decide what three colors I want to use in Bonnie Hunter's "Smith Mountain Morning" class.  I fully intended to get a lot of pre-cutting done before class, since Bonnie's classes are all about the sewing, sewing..

The landscape class has a laundry list of items that I think I have around here somewhere, but I guess I'd better get busy and find them.
And, of course, I still need to decide on a border for my "Little Monkey" quilt.....took it to my hand-quilt group yesterday, and got tons of suggestions, but no really great ideas.

You can see where this is heading, can't you folks?  I spent so much time wondering how to spend my free morning, that......I ran out of time and had to leave to run some errands........sometimes you can have too much of a good thing.....

Margaret's picking me up early in the morning to head to Patchwork Plus for a little retail therapy.  Maybe I'll have my Mojo working by the time I get home......now it's time for a little Washington National's baseball and a good book before bed.

Have great evening....it rained slowly and softly all day here today, and our trees and shrubs got a much-needed watering....

Kathy


3 comments:

Cherie said...

Sounds like you're in a real dilema there! Maybe put everything you wan't to do into a hat and pick something out? =D

regan said...

That happens to me a lot! I'll spend so much time trying to figure the next project, that I never get to it! lol Looks like you have some good projects in mind, though! Yay!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

It's always nice to get a project done....and just think....if you didn't have all those scraps it would mean you hadn't been doing anything, right? Love the Blacks and Whites.....and they always look good with Red so you are on your way!