Sunday, August 22, 2010

We're Making Progress

Yesterday morning we got our web site, up and running.  Of course, a friend of mine promptly spotted an error, so we made some minor typo adjustments, but in general, we feel good that we've gotten this far without too much trouble.

Guy has done an incredible job of picking out motifs and doing some quilting over the last two weeks that is just lovely.  He did a difficult job with Josephine's Geometrics quilt, including some awesome swirls and a lot of point-to-point lines to enhance the geometric over/under sashing.  I've included a picture.  It was pretty interesting trying to deal with such large "blank" space while trying to maintain the integrity of the design. 

Laura's Placemats
I had fun working on some placemats for my daughter-in-law, Laura.  I have some beautiful "apple orchard" fabric that I put with backing and batting, then quilted an overall "apple" edge-to-edge design in.  Then cut and trimmed them to size and am nowt adding the binding.  It was fun to work on a "functional" piece for a gift.  The binding is not going nearly as fast as the quilting, though (no surprise there).  They will finally look like this:

This week will be dedicated to continuing to get our "business" in order; business cards are being printed, and I still have to perfect a brochure for handout at quilt shops, quilt guilds, friends, etc.  Stay tuned, we're just getting "revved" up.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Up and Running

Our Gammill quilter with Statler Stitcher is installed in our basement quilt studio.  Pictures and info to come soon.