Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Linky Party Tuesday......



I'm hooking up with Connie at Quilting by the River this morning to show what's happening around here.

Yesterday was rainy and COLD (yes, we've been spoiled by all that lovely early spring weather).....so it was a good day to sew.  I managed to get these sample blocks together for my "Summerbreeze" quilt:




This was not the design I was originally playing with, but when I rotated the alternate rows that blue star popped out.  We'll see......I've got a lot more blocks to make.  I'm not sure I like the white with the yellow, either, but I have a lot of yardage to play with.

I spent a ridiculous amount of time cutting strips for my "Smith Mountain Morning" class at "VCQ Celebration"  this weekend.....I always overestimate the amount of time available in these workshops.  I have NEVER run out of fabric because I was "unprepared".  But if the guidelines say:  3 yards of scraps, I usually put together 5 yards of scraps, because I don't know how I'll like the combinations until I get them together.  Does anyone else have that problem  use that solution?

On a rainy day, sometimes picking up the mail seems more important than other days.  And yesterday was no exception.  In addition to the Wall Street Journal (Guy's bible), I got a magazine in the mail, and a package of these:  a set of charm squares, "Salt Air" by Cosmo Cricket for Moda.  They were a "birthday present" from Connie (her birthday, not mine), and I was the lucky winner.  I love the muted colorways and already have an idea in mind for a simple "beachy" setting. What a fun package on a dull afternoon.




Make sure you head on over to Connie's to see what other people have been working on.  I've still got some more rotary cutting to do.

Have a great day!

Kathy

4 comments:

Sue Daurio said...

Love the colors of your summer breeze. I have a blue and yellow quilt on my list to do. I'll be watching to see how yours unfolds :) Congrats on the charm squares, those sure are pretty!

Unknown said...

I love Salt Air! I need to get my hands on some of that! Congratulations!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Love the colors in your summerbreeze and with the yellow and white separated it looks great! 5 yards instead of 3 yards of scraps.....sounds perfect to me. Glad you like your Salt Air charms and can't wait to see what you make!
Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

Lisa said...

Love the colors and can't wait till you get done.