Friday, April 13, 2012

Finish It Up on Friday............


Well, I can't say that everything is finished, but several projects are in the last stages of completion.  Despite having a somewhat disconcerting week, I managed to get these things done:


I made matching pillowslips for our king-sized bed quilt!  This has been on my list for TWO years....of course, now I need to get another pillow, since we need two to sleep on and two for "decoration.".....

I downloaded and got my "Sew Red for Women" April block done.  You can find this tutorial over at Katie's blog at Swim, Bike, Quilt.  I've been keeping up with these and now have three done....can't wait for the next one.  It's fun doing just one block a month....but I'm already thinking about settings, sashings, you know the drill.....

My "Massanutten Majesty" got borders and a backing yesterday....and Guy finished quilting it today....it's going back in my sewing room, waiting for binding.  Sometimes he is just too fast for me....but I love how it turned out.  It's the first "drab" quilt (can I call it that?) I've made, but it's also very richly textured.



I'm delighted with the quilting...of course, I'm delighted with the quilter, so what would you expect.  We used a King Tut variegated green.....



I got the last of my "Little Monkey" blocks finished, and now I'm adding the sashing and setting blocks.  I'm still investigating borders, so that's a photo for another day.

I've been sending emails, printing out papers, and getting ready for a Board meeting at the Virginia Quilt Museum tomorrow, so I'm off to get my briefcase organized...this seems too much like my old job.........

Have a great weekend, the temperature's supposed to be in the 80's by Sunday!

Kathy

2 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Your quilt looks beautiful, I bet you get the binding on it fast! Love your pillow cases and yep, we have 3 pillows for sleeping and 4 pillows for decoration!

Amanda said...

I really like your Massanutten Majesty...especially how the greens and the whites have the same shape and color variation. (Does that make sense? As in, either the white or the green could be the background colors.)