Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A lot of quilting going on here.......

I finally got a chance to take pictures of the two Quilts of Valor that Guy quilted earlier this week.  They are from Karen, and I think they are just stunning.  It is always so intriquing to see the quilts come out of the box when we receive them....we are designated longarmers for the Quilts of Valor projects, and have signed up to do two quilts a month.  It's a worthwhile endeavor, and we have received quilts from all over the mid-Atlantic, and in this case, from the Caribbean.

This is a detail of the quilting Guy did on this one.....you can't tell from the photos, but the background is pale blue; he used a lovely light blue thread, and I think the results look great.  Isn't this a great pattern....?

I love this quilt, too.  Again, I am awestruck at the ingenuity used by quilters, just combining the primary red, white and blue colors.  It's an honor to be a part of this organization, and just get to see other quilters' expressions of their patriotism and thoughtfulness for those who protect and defend us.

This reminds me I need to go start cutting up some more patriotic fabric.....I'm starting my 4th QOV that I'm piecing myself.  If you want to know more about the Quilts of Valor project, go to their website and look around.

Have a great day....Happy February!  Kathy
Posted by Picasa

No comments: