Sunday, March 18, 2012

Stumbling Around EQ7 on Sunday

Woo-Hoo!  The postman brought my copy of Electric Quilt 7 yesterday.  I got it installed and watched all the videos last night; this morning I went through the first 4 lessons.

I know I need to work through some more lessons, but I wanted to "play" on my own, so I started my own "first" project.

Remember these fabrics:



They are from the Moda "Summerbreeze II" Collection.....and I've been looking for the right pattern for them for a few months now.  They are going to be a king-size quilt for US!  I thought I wanted something like a "Garden Maze" but I haven't really found anything that I liked going through my patterns, magazines, and books.


 So today, I decided to try to create my own pattern in EQ:




I found some fabrics that matched relatively closely in the fabric libraries, and just messed around with a two-block, linking design.  I know I can scan my own fabrics and actually use them, but I wasn't quite ready for that.  I don't know if this will be the final pattern I use, but I was just really pleased that I got this far in one morning.

I've been downstairs with the "Monster in the Basement" (the Gammill, not Guy) having a most frustrating time doing some free-motion work on a client's quilt....the thread is NOT cooperating today; keeps jumping out of the tension guides and even Guy said, "let's give up, go watch some basketball, and try this again tomorrow."  I'm going to have to rip out a good chunk of what I sewed.....I'm not a happy camper with that machine today.

But....I EQ'd, and I did it all by myself.......giggle......this is going to be fun....!

Don't forget to scroll down or jump over to my Blog Hop Giveaway from yesterday and leave a comment.  The giveaway is open through March 23rd.  And click the Blog-Hop button on the right to find out what other bloggers are giving away. 

Have a great week,

Kathy

4 comments:

Cherie said...

Liking the pattern! It is a pain when machines wont co-operate! Mine kept un-threading today which was really annoying!

I'm holding a small swap over at my blog if anyone is interested please pop over for a look =D

http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/anyone-want-to-swap.html

DeAnna said...

I've just finished the first 4 lessons myself today. I'm liking your pattern design. I've been messing around with the program too. It's amazing what all the stuff that EQ7 has. I'm lovin it!

Chatty Kathy said...

Well, I've always been a computer girl (got our first PC in 1982)...bought QuiltPro 10 years ago and it never happened for me. I'm just enjoying having the time to play with EQ7 now that I'm retired. Thanks for your comments. I like your blog; have to get back there and sign up. Kathy

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Great quilt design! Looks like you'll have fun with EQ7!!