Friday, March 2, 2012

A Little Bit of Quilting....and a Winner!


It's been a busy week, and I haven't gotten as much done as I wanted to.  I did finish binding the four cancer quilts that Guy quilted and took them to my Guild meeting yesterday.  I got a label on Brenda's comfort quilt and got it in the mail.  I also mailed the two QOVs we finished:

These two were from a QOV topper in Maine.  It's always so interesting to see the different patterns that people use for the QOV quilts.  We truly enjoy the opportunity to quilt for this wonderful program.







This is a close-up of the quilting on this friendship star variation.....it's from the Statler Sisters free patterns that we've utilized.  I love the different sizes of the writing; it's a bit of a complex pattern to quilt, but it really does make a statement.
And, we have a winner in the Leap Day Giveaway.  It was so much fun to play along on Wednesday....I made a lot of new friends, and got the opportunity myself to visit many blogs that I didn't know were out there.  It's a wonderful community of quilters we live in.  The winner of my Michael Miller Fairy Frost fat quarters was Judi, who blogs over at Life is Sew Good.  Congratulations, Judi!  Your fat quarters are on their way to the Post Office this morning.

Did you know that Bonnie Hunter is having another Yard Sale Saturday over at Quiltville's Quilts & Snips tomorrow?  If I get my act together, I may get some stuff together to link up with her sale.  Check back tomorrow and see!  Now I'm off to clean house....company coming and I've yet to decide what's for dinner.  There's a Symphony in Stitches Symposium in our little town of Edinburg, VA right up the road on Saturday, so Nancy and I are going to go get ourselves a little history and culture.....a talk on Friendship and Signature quilts by the curator from the Maryland Historical Society, discussions on Shenandoah Valley woven split-oak baskets and pottery.  It should be fun!

Have a great Friday.......Kathy



1 comment:

Teresa in Music City said...

Congratulations to Judi! Even thought I really wanted those fat quarters! =^..^= The quilted USA in your quilt is really nice!