Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Working on Inventory.....

I got inspired on Tuesday afternoon, and started work on some quilts to replace the ones I sold over the weekend.  One of the quilts my friend Peg bought included a lot of brights, matched with white.  It was very cheerful and "non-gender" specific, so I found a lot of bright fabrics, cut out squares, and matched them with white.  Well, when it was finally completed, I auditioned border after border, but finally ended up with pink.  As I told Guy, "this wants to be a little girl's quilt, no matter how hard I try to keep it neutral."  It turned out like this:  there are a lot of little strawberries in one of the prints, and Guy found a cute strawberry pattern for the quilting, so I'm titling it "Strawberry Shortcake."  Isn't it a pretty little quilt for a baby due in the spring?

Seeing as I was on a roll, I decided to try to work on a "boy" quilt as well.  I had some fabric left over from the baby quilt I sold in December, and did a disappearing nine-patch pattern with it.  I matched the brown and blue fabrics with a lovely chocolate 1/2 yard of material I bought from e-quilter a few months ago.  I was happy with how it turned out. Guy did an all-over meander pattern on it, and I'm going to bind it in more of the chocolate.  It has an "op-art" quality to it, and lots of cute little sayings about babies in the light blue and star squares. 

I went off to my Loose Threads quilt group today, and picked up two quilts from a friend, plus I got an email saying two Quilts of Valor tops were on their way from North Carolina.  All of a sudden, we're "back in business."  Now I've got 5 quilts to bind, Guy has several quilts to put on the long-arm, and we're planning a two-week trip to the Gulf Coast at the end of next week.  It's a good way to spend the often dull days of January.

I also spent some time today working on a new fundraising initiative for the Virginia Quilt Museum.  I'll share more info later, as we define things.  Have a great night...I'm off to watch the next episode of Top Chef and hope this rainy weather stops so I can make a trip into Northern Virginia tomorrow morning.  Happy Quilting...... 

No comments: